Nigeria LNG Export Terminal
Nigeria LNG (joint venture of NNPC and Shell)
Bonny River, Nigeria
1996 - 1998
Hydrographic surveys and hydraulic design of marine facilities
|Bonny River - 1986||Bonny River - 1994|
For the export of gas, Nigeria LNG has developed a terminal on the left bank of Bonny River between Bonny Town and the ocean corner. The works include a loading jetty for large LNG-carriers and a jetty for material off loading, tug boats and passenger ferries in Bonny River.
The facilities were designed in 1996 and completed in 1998. In 2001 the facilities were extended by a second LNG loading jetty.
The following services were provided:
- hydrographic surveys (topography, bathymetry, currents, waves, sediments)
- 2D numerical modelling of currents, waves and sediment transport (FINEL2D)
- satellite imagery analysis on shoreline development
- analysis of maintenance dredging volumes
- determination of mooring loads (TERMSIM)
- evaluation of navigational procedures
- optimisation of lay out of marine structures