Hydraulic data collection Hazira, India
Hazira Port Private Limited
Installation and operation of metocean monitoring equipment and interpretation of results
For the LNG/Multipurpose harbour at Hazira in the Gulf of Khambhat (India) a survey campaign has been carried out by Svašek Hydraulics aiming at the collection of metocean data. This data is required for optimising the port layout for manoeuvrability of vessels, morphological development outside the port and maintenance dredging inside the port. The survey campaign included:Water level monitoring:
- Tide gauges at several locations in the area together with salinity and temperature.
- Fixed bottom mounted ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler) measurements for 2 months (currents and waves);
- Sailing ADCP measurements in the approach channel and port;
- Fixed point velocity measurements using a Valeport propeller.
- OBS (Optical Backscatter) measurements at the fixed ADCP frames at the sea bed;
- OBS measurements inside the port simultaneous with sediment concentrations using filtering.
The results of the survey campaign are used for calibration of a numerical model (also by Svašek Hydraulics), which will be applied for optimising the port layout.