Coastal engineering problems ask for specific hydrographic measurements combined with numerical modelling. Svašek Hydraulics integrates these measurements within their projects and has extensive experience in doing the actual hydrographic measurements themselves.Svašek Hydraulics general policy is to train our project engineers to carry out measurements themselves for the following reasons:
- To familiarise them with hydrographic survey equipment;
- To actually let them experience the hydraulic conditions in the field;
- To understand the external factors, which affect the accuracy of measurements.
The result is that our hydraulic engineers gain more hydraulic experience and knowledge which they apply in their desk studies.Svašek Hydraulics is experienced in the following type of surveys:
- Bathymetric surveys;
- Tidal measurements;
- Fixed and vessel mounted current measurements;
- Wave measurements;
- Suspended sediment monitoring;
- Vessel induced currents and mooring forces
- AIS ship tracking system.
In the past measurements of bathymetry, topography, tides, waves, weather and currents have been executed all over the world. The locations of these projects are shown in the map below. The green dots have a link to a project sheet.